Monday, November 29, 2010

Getting Back in the Groove After Thanksgiving Break

     We took a week off for Thanksgiving, which is the longest break we've had this year.  I have to admit I was expecting a lot of whining from Anna about having to do school today, but much to my relief she went cheerfully through her work.  I think I was more of a problem, as I have been sick and felt less than motivated. 
     I think the key to keeping Anna motivated and happy with her school is short lessons.  This is the thing about doing CM that makes it seem almost too easy.  Like I've figured out a short cut to teaching.  But it really works; the first fifteen minutes are when they are learning, and after that you are just wasting time. 
    I've got my new Winter Semester schedule up and running.  I still do core curriculum four days a week, but I've added a little more to Friday, since we don't have co-op.  Anna is also now reading all her poetry.  She really enjoys reading poetry, and likes to put it to song, which is pretty cute. 
So, here's how it looks:

No comments:

Post a Comment