Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dealing With Surgery

    I haven't posted any this week due to the fact that Anna had eye surgery this Tuesday.  That was a long day, starting at 4:00; necessary in order to get everyone at the hospital at 6:00 am.  Dave and I had debated on just one of us going to the hospital with her, and the other one staying home with the twins, but in the end we decided that we all needed to be there with her. 
     The surgery went quick, and everything went well, praise God!  However it did take her a while to fully wake up from the anesthesia.  She was pretty much out of it that whole day.  Now, fortunately she is feeling much better, and is having trouble taking it easy.  Anna is not a sit down quietly kind of girl.  Unfortunately I've had to turn to TV a lot to keep her entertained, and will probably have to deal with TV withdraw after she is well. 
     One thing I am very glad I thought to do, is to make her a felt paper doll set.  She has played with it quite a bit, and it's something she has been able to do without having to see very well.
I sewed cotton fabric and ties to the back, so the whole thing can be rolled up.  I thought this also might be good for keeping her occupied durring church, as she has trouble sitting still thought the service.
     Needless to say, school is off until... I'm not sure.  I had been planing to take a week off, but I will have to see how her vision is, as she is seeing blurry, and sees double at a distance.  Long school breaks are not usually the best thing for us, but some times you just have to go with the flow.  Right now that's sitting down, watching TV, and trying to keep two little monkeys from leaping on her.

1 comment:

  1. Our prayers are with you all during this ordeal. Take care.

    ReplyDelete