Thursday, December 16, 2010

Handmade Presents

    This Christmas I decided that I would try to make as many gifts as possible.  With only a few days left til Christmas, I am starting to wonder if I have bitten off more than I can chew, but luckily I have finished a few things.   I have three two year old nieces and nephew, so I made them all the same thing in triplicate.  Theirs is finally finished.
      Recently I have fallen in love with felt food.  Some of the stuff people make and sell through their Etsy shops are amazing.  This inspired me to make my own felt food, as I love working with felt, and it seemed like a great Christmas present for toddlers.  So, this is my first felt food- pita pockets!

It's a little smaller than life size, and includes the pita bread, a salami slice, a lettuce leaf, two cucumber slices, and a tomato slice.  It looks real enough that Abriel tried to eat it, but I don't know if that is saying a lot. She'll eat anything that vaguely resembles food.  The salami and bread are actually made out of old sweaters, which, now that I come to think about it doesn't sound that appetizing, but they were very clean old sweaters. 
     Now I can't stop thinking about felt food ideas.  I am going to have so much fun making play food for the twins.  I just hate that I didn't know about this a few years ago, so that I could have made Anna some cool felt food.  I will never go back to plastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment