Thursday, March 10, 2011

Glasses for Abriel

     It has been a really long while since I've written anything, but I'm ready to start writing again.  There's no specific reason for the break; I haven't been particularly busier than normal, maybe just more tired. 
     The big news today is that Abriel got her glasses today!  I am very glad that she can finally see, and she looks so durn cute in them too.   So, how did I figure out that my just turned two year old is having trouble seeing?  About a month after Anna's eye surgery, I started noticing Abriel's eye turning in.  At first I thought I was just paranoid; after all Anna just had surgery to correct her exotropia, so I was sort of on  the look out for wandering eyes.  However, it soon became apparent that this was definitely not my imagination.  Here's a picture of her with her eye going in.
     This is not even as extreme as it can get; some times going in so much you can hardly see her iris.  It's not just one eye either, the other one goes in too, and sometimes they cross together.  An appointment to the Ophthalmologist showed that she is very far-sighted and is crossing in an attempt to focus.  But really, other than the eye crossing, she seemed to see fine. 
     That was until she tried on her glasses.  At first she tried to take them off a couple of times, but then  I showed her a book.  She was so excited, she kept saying "Ooo, Eee, look!"  After that she kept them on.   Here she is in all her cuteness.

And the side view.

    
       She took them off a few times this evening, (I found them on her bear once) and has already bent them out of shape a little, (good thing I got that warranty!) but all in all I think she is so thrilled with being able to see that she wants them on.  She even cried when I took them off for her to go to bed.  She told me, "I want gwashes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment