Monday, July 9, 2012

Summertime Picnics

   I spent this weekend up at my parents, celebrating the Fourth with my family.  The day we decided to have a picnic turned out to be unbelievably humid, so we all just steamed. Even so, it was a lot of fun getting together and seeing most of my family.  I used to be the only one who lived any distance away, but my two oldest siblings now live too far away to make most family gatherings. 
   




      I brought my camera, even though I am always too busy to take pictures, but my sister in law, Christine took a few with my camera, so now I actually have pictures to show!

     Nathan and Christine baby sat for us last week end, (yes, we will actually drive two hours for a baby sitter) and now the twins are absolutely gaga about their Uncle Nathan and Aunt Christine.
     Here's the rare picture of me, as I am usually on the other end of the camera.  Paper towel roll in hand of course.  Did I mention there were six toddlers there? So yea, lots of messes.
    And here's one of them eagerly awaiting a piece of very goopy rhubarb crunch.  I had never made one before, but the recipe said you could cut it like bar cookies, and eat it by hand.  It didn't exactly turn out that way, (you could eat it with a spoon) but it was good, and MESY.  David's girls have such beautiful hair.  Isabel is only two, but she has a full mane of golden curls.



No comments:

Post a Comment